SCE Rate Changes and Rate Hikes for October 2012
Effective October 1, 2012, these Southern California Edison (SCE) rate factors increased:
- The Transmission charge increased for all rates, except Power – Agricultural and Pumping, Connected Load Basis (PA-1).
- The Distribution charge increased, based on tier structure, for Domestic CARE (D-CARE); Domestic Time-of-Use Electric Vehicle Charging (TOU-EV-1); the Time-of-Use Agricultural and Pumping Internal Combustion Engine (TOU-PA-ICE) Conversion Program, and all Renewable (R) rates, except Time-of-Use, General Service, Large (TOU-8) Option R.
- The Generation charge increased for the PA-1 Off-Peak Credit Factor.
- The Public Purpose Programs Charge (PPPC) will increase for all rates, except D-CARE, Area Lighting Street and Highway (LS-1, LS-2, and LS-3), Residential Walkway Lighting (DWL), and Outdoor Area Lighting Service (OL-1).
Effective October 1, 2012, these SCE rate factors decreased:
- The Distribution charge for the Customer Charge ($/month) decreased for all R rates, except TOU-8 Option R.
- Transmission charge decreased for Rate Schedule PA-1.
- The Generation charge decreased for the TOU-PA-ICE Conversion Program.
Effective October 1, 2012, this SCE rate factor changed (increased or decreased, based on tiered rate structure):
- The Conservation Incentive Adjustment (CIA) charge changed for Time-of-Use Domestic Tiered (TOU-D-T) and Time-of-Use Domestic Tiered Electric Vehicle Charging (TOU-D-TEV).
The actual impact of these rate factor changes on customers’ bills will vary based on energy usage.
This information is being pulled directly from SCE’s website.